Saturday, July 10, 2010

Jackson Hole

Oh boy, what a week.  After our holiday adventures, Mom, Heidi and I went up to Jackson Hole for the IFA Conference.  IFA was kind enough to hold a tribute to my father and another employee who had passed away this year, and they invited our family to join them for it.  The tributes were beautiful, I am impressed with how many good people work for IFA, which is a good company. 

We joined the IFA staff and their spouses at Bar J Wranglers for a classic chuck wagon dinner and western music/humor. It was a blast.

These are the pleasant men who entertained us.


We participated in the spouse activity (While the employees are off at a trade show, IFA sends the spouses on an adventure of their own) which was a trip to the National Wildlife Art Museum.  It was an interesting museum, not a lot of variety in artistic styles, types of animals, or even mediums for that matter, but i still enjoyed it.  Museums are always fun.

After our "activity" we three Dudleys waled to down town Jackson.  We walked through the stores, took pictures of every plant we walked past (Heidi is getter her second degree in Horticulture and is excited to collect pictures of plants), and got a great three hour walk in.  

Then began the next phase of our journey: finding the great photo shots in Jackson Hole.  We spent Thursday night hunting moose with our cameras.  However, we only found a herd of Buffalo and more flowers.  It was rather enjoyable to witness a sunset at the Tetons.  

Friday morning began early for us, we raced the sunrise to Mormon Row.  I'm rather pleased with the results of our efforts:


What a lucky day to shoot here!  Buffalo Models!

Look at my sister go!  I've never known her to be this adventurous before.

This is a tribute to my brother, Greg.

Mom quietly contemplates her next shot.....


Look at them go.



I do believe we enjoyed ourselves.  The sunrise was beautiful!  I'm always amazed by the beauty of sun rays passing through thicker parts of the atmosphere.  Something so simple yet peaceful and astounding.  

The trip was fantastic.  I'm glad I had a chance to be alone with my mom and sister for a few days.

Thanks again to all who made this trip possible, mainly Mom and IFA.

2 comments:

  1. Spending time taking pictures in Jackson would be a dream!! Such a beautiful day with nice, clear non-hazy mountains- beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You were able to get some beautiful pictures! I'm so impressed with those shots.

    ReplyDelete