Saturday, December 24, 2011

Charlie Brown Christmas

I've had mixed feelings towards the upcoming holidays this year.  Between family events, end of the semester for Alan, getting sick, spending each day at home with the wee one, and our small present budget it just hasn't felt like the holidays for me.  I have been feeling so indifferent towards Christmas and the holiday season.



That all changed thanks to Charlie Brown.  In attempts to have a Christmas atmosphere in our home tonight we watched Charlie Brown's Christmas.  It helped me feel better about our very poor Christmas we'll be having this year.  It's not about trimmings or presents, but about remembering the Savior and all that he has done for us.  I'm excited to go to bed tonight and read the Nativity story again.  Hopefully this year's humble Christmas will be something I'll always remember.  I want to be able to help others who are less fortunate to have a Christmas that is warm and cheerful.  Let it be written, and let it be done!

Merry Christmas in just a few moments!

1 comment:

  1. No worries, as long as you enjoyed your Christmas you won't even remember anything else in years to come. I think everyone needs one year like this to understand what it's really all about. Hope you had a great day! Merry Christmas and a happy new year!

    ReplyDelete