Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Turkey Trot

 Annette, Ryan, Alan and I ran a Turkey Trot in Anthem, CO Thanksgiving morning.  The weather couldn't have been better!  We drove to the race course in style, thanks to Kelly's rental vehicle.

Ready at the starting line:


And the runners are off!  This is the first community race I've been to that sends off runners in heats.


Kelly, Sharon and Jeremy were on little girl duty while the four of us ran.  It seems like they had a good time.



 Annette finished first with a sub 22:00 time! 


Ryan finished within the next minute after having thrown up on the course.  I'm told he also got sick after finishing, poor guy.  Hopefully this is a lesson to not eat spaghetti before running!


Alan and I brought up the rear in our group.  It wasn't a good "race" for either of us, and it's the first race that I haven't cared to see what my finish time was. However, this was the first chance we had to be be alone together since Faye was born.  So I like to look at it as a much needed date.

 
 Cambrie wanted so badly to run a race that Annette gave her race bib to Cambrie.  She gladly joined in the kids race and was so excited to cross the finish line. 


Turkey Trots really are my favorite part about Thanksgiving, especially when you get to do them with your family.

No comments:

Post a Comment