Monday, February 25, 2013

The Last Cakepop

Today was a busy day.  After a weekend of baking and working for me and Alan, I had to continue baking to finish a cake order with an additional order for cake pops.  I hurried all day to get things finished, and had to be back to work by 4:30 that afternoon.  I finished up the cake moments before running out the door to make it to work, calling instructions back to Alan to make sure Faye eats dinner and gets a bath before bed.  The cake, and 2 dozen cake pops, were to be picked up around 5:00 by the family who ordered it.  There were about 10 cake pops left, some sitting on the counter and most of them were on the kitchen table.

During a busy night at the ice cream shop, I got a text from Alan:
"So I may have dosed off for a bit, and Faye may have had sufficient time to devour most of the remaining cake pops..."

I returned home to find that Faye at ALL but the cake pops on the counter, and one sad little cake pop was left half eaten on the table.  That's SEVEN cake pops eaten by a toddler in one evening.  Alan had sent her to bed without dinner after her feast of cake.  I still can't decide if the if the situation is completely amusing, but I'm sure Faye, and Alan, will both live to see another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment