Friday, June 6, 2014

South Jordan Towndays

Today was a very long day for Faye and me.  I had a big cake order to fill, and with a busy week of celebrating Reed's graduation, I hadn't gotten much of a head start.  Poor Faye was left to her own devices for most of the day.  Luckily, the recent graduate was willing to come play with Faye for a few hours, which was a tremendous help.  

 Poor Reed was exhausted from the Senior party after yesterday's graduation, so grateful he came to help.

Faye fell asleep soon after Reed left, and by the time she woke up Grandma Lisa and Daddy came home to help.  We finished up the cake order, delivered the cakes, and then both Faye and I were DYING to get out of the house.  Mom, Faye and I decided to check out the festivities at the South Jordan Town-Days celebration.  We were not disappointing in fun things to check out.


 We took advantage of the photo props.  Here is Faye as a horse.


And Faye as an ear of corn.

We wandered around checking out the booths and enjoying the live music.  And then we saw them, Anna and Elsa just standing there, waiting to be loved by children!  Faye was excited, though tense;  Similar to when she's around animals. 


After saying 'Hello' to the princesses, Faye participated in the coloring both.  While coloring, my mom and I admired the princess dresses for sale.  The Elsa dress was BEAUTIFUL!  And it was so very sturdily constructed. We tried it on Faye, it fit perfectly, and our hearts melted.  So Mom and I split the cost of a princess dress that was just as expensive as the dress i wore to my senior prom (granted, I always bought the dresses for prom on clearance, but the price was still the same). 


Faye was in heaven.  And Elsa seemed excited to talk to her new mini-clone.  She even gave Faye a fancy tiara, which the booth owner said was free of charge. 


Getting the tiara just right.


Faye with the princesses.  She finally warmed up to them and even pointed at Elsa while saying, "Elsa!"  It melted my heart.


It's funny how something as simple as a princess dress can make the rest of the day magical.  We played on the playground before going home.  Faye spent a good amount of swinging time straightening out her dress.


 She even loved looking at her dress while in the stroller!  So much fun.  



I did my best to hype Faye up on the ride home so she could melt Daddy's heart.   Walking into the house she would say, "Daddy, Elsa!" However, once we got inside, all Faye wanted to do was twirl around with Daddy.  They danced until Daddy was dizzy, and had such a good time doing it.
I can't wait to get her all dolled up and to enjoy her dress with a photoshoot.


1 comment: