Saturday, January 3, 2015

Welcome Home



Getting home was an emotional roller coaster for me. With the promise of being discharged by noon, I was packing up and ready to leave the hospital by ten o' clock.  However, we were waiting on a check from the pediatrician.  None of the hospital staff seemed to know where he was.  He finally came to see us at 1:00, told me a circumcision was dumb, gave one to Sam upon our request, and then told us we had to wait for a few hours before leaving.  Once the allotted time had passed, we were still stuck waiting for the nurses to let us go. Even though I know we were not the only patient in the ward, we were continually pushed down the list of priority.  While all this was going on, I was trying to let family know when we'd be home, and Alan's family where to meet us.  We were finally given the green light at 4:00, and began our trek across the valley.


All bundled up for the ride home.  

There were so many people excited to greet Sam when we walked through the door.  Faye was eager to help my mom take pictures, we had to persuade her to come look at baby brother. 



With Grandpa Kelly, who is getting over a cold. 


Aunt Camille and Uncle Jake.


Three generations of handsome. 

Not pictured, though present, Heidi and Ryan, Viv, Greg and Makel, Reed, and my Mom.  So glad to be home.

No comments:

Post a Comment