Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Attempts to Induce Labor

Well, still no baby.  We're currently three days past our due date.  I promise we're not late for lack of trying to go into labor!  Here are a few of the things we have tried:

  • Walking
  • Walking with one foot on the curb one foot in the gutter
  • Lunges
  • Squats
  • Push ups
  • Climbing a tree
  • Leg Wrestling
  • Core strengthening moves
  • Yoga/stretching
  • Driving on bumpy roads
  • Eating Pineapple
  • Eating spicy foods
  • Shooting
  • Jumping Jacks
  • Slip 'n' slide
  • Warm baths
  • Relaxing
  • Watching stand up routines
I haven't been brave enough to try the caster oil method and apparently my body situation is "unique" and the doctor is unable to strip my membranes.  As such, we have an appointment to be induced at the hospital set for Saturday night.  In theory we should have a little girl on Sunday at the latest.  Keep your fingers crossed that she'll come before then! 

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I think I see some stubbornness in that baby girl! Come fast, Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha--that's a lot of bouncing around! You can try evening primrose oil (I got some at Walgreens for like $8). It's a natural softener and helps get things rolling. Castor oil I wouldn't do either after researching. Pass the time being sporadic and having as much fun as you can--sporadic is much harder with a wee one when she comes. ;)

    ReplyDelete