Sunday, July 24, 2011

Busy Weekend

We were scheduled to be induced at 6:00 PM on Saturday, July 16th.  After a few phone calls and a few more hours of waiting we were finally admitted at 9:00 PM Saturday night.  It took the nurse 3 tries to get the IV set up- my veins kept rupturing.  Once the IV was sorted out a pill was inserted to help "move things along" and we were kept overnight in the labor and delivery ward just in case I went into labor.  Alan and my Mom tried to make themselves comfortable for the night and I was given a sleeping pill to rest up before the hard work started. 

The next morning Doc broke my water around 8:00 and the pitocin was added to the IV around 10:00.  Baby was facing the wrong direction and I was able to experience the joys of back labor.  Alan and Mom took turns countering the contractions.  During the most intense parts of the contractions images of ice cream, tractors, and other pleasant things passed through my mind.  Mom informed me that my brothers hadn't left Salt Lake yet but would soon.  I called my old boss and asked him what flavors of ice cream he had out today and ordered a pint of Amaretto with brownies mixed in.  Greg and Reed were kind enough to pick it up for me. 

By noon the pain started triggering my asthma and I agreed to receive an Epidural (originally I was planning on a natural labor simply to avoid an Epidural).  Alan held me as I sobbed and tried to be brave.  In the end, it was totally worth it.


By 3:00 PM it was time to start pushing. After an hour and a half of pushing, and with the help of Alan, Mom, and our wonderful nurse, I heard the sweetest cry.  Alan's face was filled with so much love and joy as he looked at our baby girl.  The doctor placed her on my tummy; Alan and I agreed she looked like a Faye and declared her as Faye Edy Johnson. 



 Thus began the life of who might be the most photographed baby ever.  Here are some of my favorite moments mom captured:



Proud Daddy

 The excited uncles.




My well earned ice cream.  Once I was all sewn up and Faye got to eat, I began chowing down.


Grandpa Kelly.


Grandma Sharon.


Grandma Lisa.


We love our little girl so much.  I hope she was able to see Dino before she came to us.

1 comment:

  1. She is beautiful! With all those people who love her, has she been put down yet? :)

    ReplyDelete