Monday, April 9, 2012

Gaining Independence

Now that Faye is mobile it's becoming harder to keep up with her.  She has several bruises on her face from bumping into things, she's had a bloody nose and her first burn in the past few days, too.  Needless to say this isn't completely on Faye's head, clearly I need to up my game.  For instance, while bathing Faye in the sink at my Mom's house she got a hold of the faucet.  She turned the hot water faucet towards "off," so I didn't worry too much about continuing to fill up the cup to rinse her off.  Well, unfortunately she turned ALL of the hot water off, so I wound up pouring a cup of ice cold water over this tired baby's head.  It was a sad moment.

Some of these moments of independence don't result in tears, though!  Earlier today, Faye and I took Alan to campus for classes.  I had given her a left over Easter Egg from yesterday's festivities to play with while we drove; it had candy inside and she uses them like a rattle.  Well, she found out what Easter Eggs are good for.


 Yep!  She found the chocolate kiss inside the egg and clearly enjoyed that candy for all it was worth.  Apparently she takes after Alan where chocolate is concerned.

No comments:

Post a Comment