Saturday, May 4, 2013

Dino Half

Last year was the first annual Dino Half in Vernal Utah.  Mom heard about it and we decided as a family to run it in memory of my Dino-Dad.  We invited Alan's family to join us; Camille registered and trained hard for the race.  She, Mom, Ryan and I ran the half marathon.  Alan, Faye and Heidi participated in the half mile.  This was both Ryan and Camille's first half marathon and they both did excellent!

 Camille coming in with a strong finish.


Mom and I stuck with Ryan through the race.  We had many pleasant conversations and met several new friends.


We had a great support system!  Sharon rode her bike up and down the canyon to find us.   Heidi, Alan, and Faye met us along the route a few times before leaving to participate in the half mile race.




I'm so glad Faye was excited to see me!  It made my day.  
 

By the time the half mile race started, Faye was pretty worn out.  Heidi and Alan apparently kept Faye motivated through the race by bribing her with marshmallows.  She was the youngest participant and I am such a proud mommy.


The Dudley crew!  Faye was entranced with the giant orange dinosaur, but was terrified of it at the same time.  I'm surprised she allowed me to get that close to the pleasant orange thing.

We miss you Dino.  Can't wait to give this course another try next year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment