Monday, December 15, 2014

Graceful Me

7:00 AM: Day starts out like normal.  Faye wakes up, we start our daily routine.
7:30 AM: I help my mom carry her work gear out to the car.
7:31 AM: I slip going down the stairs into the garage and fall on the cement.

From there the day was not so normal.  I felt fine, my shoulder had caught the brunt of the fall, but being 37 weeks along I decided to called the OB, just to be safe.  I was fully expecting them to say, "Oh, you should be fine.  No worries."  Instead I was asked to head to the Labor and Delivery unit to be monitored. 

Sudden panic hit me.  Alan was at work, I didn't have a car, I didn't even have a hospital bag packed!  Reed was kind enough to pick Faye up from the school bus while Alan and I hurried to LDS Hospital.  By the time we got all checked in it was 10:30 ish.  Luckily all was well with the little guy, no torn placenta or any distress coming from junior, and no labor.  After an hour of being hooked up to the machines we got the green light to go home.

I wouldn't say I'd like to repeat the fall or the long day, but It was good to have a wake up call on what preparations need to be done before the baby comes. 

1 comment: