Wednesday, February 2, 2011

It's Alive!

For most of my pregnancy my mindset has been "oh, I'm pregnant,"  Similar to thinking "Oh, I have a cold."  The exceptions to this rule are when we're at the doctor and get to hear or see the baby.  At that point my mindset changes to "there's something living inside of me." 

As luck would have it, I may get to have the latter mindset on a more regular basis.  During sacrament meeting on Sunday I felt something flick me from the inside.  I gave Alan a confused look paired with, "I think I've just been kicked!"  Feeling the baby move for the first time was and is so exciting!  I find myself sitting quietly when possible, just hoping to feel the baby again. 

2 comments:

  1. "It's Alive"??! Ha ha, you are going to be the coolest mom ever :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't is so exciting? I'm so glad that you can feel it! I would always pull Jeremy's hand to my stomach so he could feel how cool it was, but of course my girls got stage fright and wouldn't perform for him. He just thought I was crazy for a long time :)

    ReplyDelete