Thursday, June 2, 2011

Challenge #12

Favorite part of the day and least favorite part of the day: can be anything.

My favorite part of the day was...the whole day!  Everything went according to plan and I was so happy with how everything turned out.  I will never forget the moment I saw Alan in the temple dressed to be married.  It really was the most wonderful sight and feeling that much love for him reminded me that this was a decision backed by the Spirit.

Ok, there was one part of the day I could have done without.  When we arrived at the temple that morning we were shown into a room where our paperwork was looked over and verified.  To my surprise the temple worker who walked in was my ex-boyfriend's mother who, when I was dating her son back in high school, was very vocal in her opinion that I was made for her son.  Alan had no idea who she was, luckily.  It was quite awkward to sit there with my husband-to-be and listen to this individual tell him he was getting the most wonderful girl in the world.

The only other thing I would have changed about the day would be the chance to have a dance with Dino.  I really looked forward to dancing with him but with how busy things got at the reception there just was not time.  I regret to say I'll never have a dance with my dad, at least in this life.  

No comments:

Post a Comment