Thursday, June 2, 2011

Challenge #9

The ceremony and reception: where where they at? what day did you get married?

Alan and I were married on December 17th, 2009 in the Oquirrh Mountain Temple.  


This is a special temple for me even though it's so new.  It was built in Daybreak maybe 2 or 3 miles from my parent's house.  You can see the temple from their doorstep.  Since Grandma, Aunt Debbie and Uncle Pat were visiting June of 2009 we were able to take them to the open house of the temple.  It was very special of me to be able to show my extended family where I would be married even though they were unable to attend the ceremony.  
We had a wedding luncheon at a family favorite: Mark Anthony's Italian Restaurant.  So very tasty and lovely.  The Stratford men treated us to the traditional Tahitian dance which welcomes the new comer to their family.  Don't they look great in their summery outfits?!



The reception was held at The Rose Shop later that evening.  Set in a green house, we had no decorating to worry about and everything was provided other than food and a party of people!




 Don't worry, people came in floods!  I still can't get over how many people came to support us, it was overwhelming- in a good way.  The night was a dream come true.  Everything was beautiful, everybody we love was there, and as far as I can tell, everybody had a good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment