Tuesday, July 16, 2013

OooooWeeeeeOoooo!

 Our latest love as a family has been Doctor Who. 


Who's the Doctor? He's the doctor!  The seasons with the 10th Doctor, played by David Tennant, have been our favorite.

I found a Groupon deal a few months back for a portrait session that was a whole $16.  What was I thinking?  We do family pictures all the time and Mom does a fabulous job with those.  So, we decided to have some fun with it and, yes, had a Doctor Who themed photo shoot.  We had recently purchased a new suit for Alan, which was a slim fit and similar to that of the 10th Doctor's, and he received a sonic screwdriver for Father's Day this year.  I found a Tardis colored skirt from savers and was able to sew on some "windows" to make a tasteful costume for me.  Faye, we decided, should be a Dalek.


"Exterminate!"

I found a set of gold pillowcases from Savers and fashioned her a costume for the occasion.  Unfortunately it was a bit tight, but for less than $5 to make the ensemble, I was okay to cut her out of the dress and throw it away post photo shoot.


I need to scan in the picture, but I'm so excited with how it turned out! I'm glad we had fun with this.  even with the costumes, it was much cheaper than a day at Lagoon!



No comments:

Post a Comment