Saturday, July 6, 2013

The Reception

As the ceremony was ending a rare summer storm hit!  It was raining cats and dogs with a biting wind, and before long there was hail!  Uncle Rick and Uncle Pete helped to protect the cake as I assembled and finished decorating with two plastic storage bins. I wish I could have seen the extreme decorating from a third party view, I'm sure the scene was quite humorous.

 

Aunt Laurie wisely added flowers to the cake and cake table.


 All finished!  As requested, the cake was a spice cake with a fresh peach filling, cream cheese frosting, and covered in homemade fondant. The cake was topped with the Star Fleet symbol.


It was so surreal to be the cake decorator instead of a photographer at a wedding.  I did feel a bit proud seeing the photographers shooting my cake.


The aftermath of the storm was a bit tragic.  I felt terrible to see all of the wedding party's hard work ruined.  It will, however, be a wedding that nobody forgets!



Faye with my Grandpa and his wife, Agnetha.   This is the first time Faye as met her Great Grandpa.  Hopefully it won't be too long before she can see him again.


Faye, again, laid down when she was done partying.  Her choice spot for the tired moment was under the reception tables which were still drying after the storm.


No comments:

Post a Comment