Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Challenge #1

How it all began: how you met, first date, first kiss, how long did you date? first picture together.....etc.


Well, on January 20th ish of 2009 I attended a protest at the State Capital against lowering funding for higher education in Utah.  At the time I was attending Snow College.  A bus had been arranged to take students up to the capitol; however, it was full when I arrived.  One of the girls standing near me offered to drive anybody to the capitol who was willing to pitch in for gas, so I went to Salt Lake in the back seat of her car.  I was sitting with an individual who I had never met before but who I now know and love as Camille Johnson.  At some point on the ride we began discussing boys, as is common among college girls. After vocalizing my opinion of dating a man based on his computer rather than his vehicle Camille excitedly called Alan up to have him rattle off the specs of his computer box.  It was an awkward phone conversation, let's be honest. 

After that we found each other on Facebook and began emailing daily.  I would run to the computer lab between classes to see if I had a new message from Alan and was ecstatic every time I had a new message in my inbox.  Soon emails turned to phone calls and text messages.  Samm was kind enough to put up with our phone conversations- he and Alan were rooming together at the time.

We first met in person on March 28, 2009 at Riverton City's first annual half marathon; Alan offered to come volunteer for the event.  The following week we went on our first date: Sunday morning session of General Conference followed by a picnic in the park. The week after that we went bowling with my friend Karleigh, and surprisingly shared a first kiss.

The memory of our first kiss makes me laugh every time.  We were sitting on the couch discussing the physics of vision, mainly the near point of the focal range.  I started teasing Alan by moving in and out of this focal range when suddenly we kissed.  Personally, I think it's the perfect first kiss story.

We dated for a few months from that point marriage became our focus.  I'm glad we got to know each other through emails and phone calls before we met in person.

Here's our first few pictures together!  Sorry for the quality, they was taken in Photobooth.



4 comments:

  1. This is a great idea- you two have always been such a cute couple! And, I love the Lightbox editing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As strange as it may seem, I don't know think I've ever heard you tell that story. So cute! I had begun to think that my loving, computer-nerd brother would never find someone. Then he found you! You are absolutely amazing and I can't believe my goofy brother did such a good job. I truly love you like a sister :)

    ReplyDelete