Thursday, May 26, 2011

Challenge #4

The ring: Did you pick it out? Did he? tell us about his ring too!



Alan insisted on picking out my ring, which I thought was so sweet and tender.  The only guidelines I gave him was a) white gold and b) simple.  I love love love my ring.  I probably would have picked out the exact same ring, actually.  The thing I think is the neatest about it is how similar it is to my mother's engagement ring.  Granted hers is yellow gold and a marquise cut, but otherwise it's the same idea. 

Since Alan picked out my ring on his own I picked out his ring on my own.  His guidelines were a) white gold (so it matched my ring) and b) some detail on the ring to make it unique.  I worked really hard to find his ring; I even dragged my Dad to the jewelers with me to get his opinion before I purchased it.  Alan loved his ring.  

Wait, loved?!  Past tense?  

Yes, Alan lost his wedding ring by our three month mark.  I bought him a second ring- significantly cheaper, dragon design on the inside, didn't match at all but I knew he would like it.  

Don't worry, he lost that one, too.  So for most of our marriage Alan has been wearing a $10 stainless steal ring from Shopko that is too big for his finger.  His training ring, I call it.  If he can successfully keep track of this ring for X amount of time then I might be willing to fork out another couple hundred dollars for a white gold ring with some unique detail again.  Hopefully we get to that point, but for now I'm just glad he has a ring.

3 comments:

  1. I didn't realize he had lost his second ring too! You could always super glue it onto his finger...

    ReplyDelete
  2. K, that has my chuckling. Too funny! You two sound so cute!

    ReplyDelete